#CTIDF2016 will travel to Stellenbosch on Sunday 4 December for the final performance of the four-day festival, and we’re offering our Cape Town audience, a bus ride!
A 60-seater CTIDF Festival Bus will leave Cape Town at 5:30pm on the day. Cape Town audiences hesitant to self-drive will be delivered to Oude Libertas well in time for a relaxing picnic and a glass of something. The performance will start at 8.15pm.
CTIDF at Oude Libertas is a once-off opportunity to experience the signature styles of three extraordinary and diverse international dance companies, from Austria, the Netherlands and the USA; an interdisciplinary song cycle, with soprano and piano, presented by Underground Dance Theatre (Cape Town); and work by South African born choreographer Kirvan Fortuin, here from Holland to work with members of Cape Town City Ballet.
- 10 Hairy Legs (New Jersey, USA) – Together we Stand, choreographed by Manuel Vignoulle
- Underground Dance Theatre (Cape Town, South Africa) – In Opstanding, choreographed by Thalia Laric and Kristina Johnstone
- De Châtel sur Place (Amsterdam, Netherlands) – Waltz, choreographed by Krisztina de Châtel
- Salzburg Experimental Academy of Music (SEAD) BODHI Project (Salzburg, Austria) – Ubuntu, choreographed bySita Ostheimer
- Members of Cape Town City Ballet (Cape Town, South Africa) – After Nine, choreographed by Kirvan Fortuin.
A firm summer favourite with Western Cape audiences, Oude Libertas has a strong tradition of world-class local and international performance of music, theatre and of course dance. We are proud to be associated and to introduce our international guests to the beautiful surrounds. The venue also has a strong tradition of pre-show BYO picnics on the expansive lawns under age-old oak trees.
Tickets, travel & performance R220
To book, email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Festival Bus’ in the subject line.
Tickets, performance only, www.computicket.com R180